Paul Usoro & Co (PUC) is delighted to announce the second edition of the Pro-Bono challenge commencing today Friday 9 February 2018. The first edition was an eye opener with a range of video entries that inspired so many in the legal space.
Abasiodiong Ekpeyong, Esq emerged as the winner of the maiden edition as determined by an external evaluation committee made up of great legal minds such as Prof. Fabian Ajogwu, SAN, Mrs. Abimbola Akeredolu, SAN and Mr. Essien Udom. According to Mr Munirudeen Liadi, Head of Chambers at PUC “The decision was made to give a chance to more Lawyers between ages of 1-15 years at the Bar to showcase and inspire colleagues with their touching Pro Bono cases.”
The initiative is aimed at rewarding the selfless and sacrificial efforts of lawyers who go the extra mile to defend the defenseless, ultimately restoring confidence in and respect to the rule of Law in Nigeria.
This second edition will focus on humanitarian issues, with special attention to Law enforcement agents’ brutality, Gender related issues, and Child abuse. The 6 most compelling cases will be rewarded with N100,000 each.
Please note the following:
- Each participant is expected to create a short video (Max 2 mins) which could be shared via Instagram, Facebook or via email (email@example.com)
- All video entries via Instagram & Facebook are required to use the hash-tag #PAULUSOROCHALLENGE for the videos to be discovered.
- There will be extra points for Law enforcement agents’ brutality, gender related cases, child abuse and humanitarian matters.
- Past and present PUC lawyers are not allowed to take part in the PU Challenge.
- Participants in the maiden edition of PU Challenge are not also allowed to participate.
- Lawyers eligible to participate are Members of the Nigerian Bar, of 1-15 years’ experience, who have paid their practicing fees.
- Entries will be selected on a zonal basis (6 geographical zones). There will be 1 winner per zone; for outstanding Pro- Bono cases handled.
- All supporting documents should be sent to a designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
- Follow the Paul Usoro social media accounts for live updates – Twitter: @PaulUsoroSAN; Facebook: Paul Usoro, SAN (Personal) & Page (@pusorosan), Instagram: @paulusoro, LinkedIn: Paul Usoro, SAN.
All entries must meet the above listed requirements before they are considered valid. Acceptance of entries will end on the 09 March, 2018. A panel of external judges will decide the winners which will be announced vide the official Paul Usoro Instagram handle in April, 2018.
Best of luck!